Compliance is a major issue in our industry and should be taken very seriously. The industry suffers from a substantial amount of companies that are operating without being compliant.
What makes a company compliant is whether it has the right licences, accreditations, insurances and systems to undertake certain business activities.
Download our FREE duty of care report which outlines what you should look for in a waste contractor.
How we are being compliant:
- Licenced Waste Carrier: We are regulated by the Environmental Agency as a licenced waste carrier. Licence number CBDU44709
- S2/T4/T9/T12 Exemptions (WEX116059 & WEX167383): This allows us to store, manually & preparatory treat waste & recover scrap metal in accordance to Environmental Agency requirements.
- Operators Licence: This allows us operate any vehicle over 7.5 tonne. Operators Licence
- Construction Recycling Alliance: We are an active CRA member. We are dedicated to reusing & recycling waste construction materials.
- Environment Policy: Our Environmental policy states our intentions to better our environment.
- The Woodland Trust: We sponsor The Woodland Carbon & Protection Program. This year we have created 400m2 of new woodland in UK
Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Policy: Our Health & Safety policy in accordance with Section 2 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Quality Policy: Our Quality policy ensures we provide a professional and efficient service to meet all of the customers requirements.
- Equal Opportunities Policy: Our Equal Opportunities policy ensures we are committed to equal opportunities for all or staff and applicants.
- Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policy: Our Anti Bribery & Corruption policy ensures the business is conducted according to ethical, professional and legal standards in a fair, honest and open manner.
- CHAS: Our CHAS accreditation (Contractors Health and Safety Assesment Scheme) asseses our health and safety competence and ensures we meet the needs of their standards.
- SafeContractor: Our SafeContractor accreditation ensures we have passed their leading health and safety assessment scheme, it ensures we meet the needs of their standards.
- FORS: The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) is a voluntary accreditation scheme that promotes best practice for commercial vehicle operators in terms of safety, efficiency and environmental protection.
- Vehicle insurance: Our mini fleet insurance covers all of our vehicles and machinery on the roads.
- Employers Liability Insurance – Covers our business and employees for any potential illness or injuries that may arise as a result of carrying out our business activities.
- Public & Product Liability Insurance – Covers the public and property for any injury or damages that could arise as a result of carrying out our business activities.